Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Credit Opportunity

Go down

Extra Credit Opportunity Empty Extra Credit Opportunity

Post  Thebeardedone Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Extra Credit for Pullinger

In the book Speak, Melinda has been tasked by her art teacher to find a way to represent a tree. Mr. Freeman says “You will spend the rest of the year learning how to turn that object into a piece of art. You will sculpt it. You will sketch it, papier-mache it, carve it. If the computer teacher is talking to me this year, you can use the lab for computer-aided designs. But there’s a catch—by the end of the year, you must figure out how to make your object say something, express an emotion, speak to every person who looks at it.” (12)

I am tasking you with this same assignment if you so choose to accept. I will give you a word, and it will be your job to use language to turn that word into a piece of art. How you do this is the challenge. There is no right or wrong way, only suggestions that I can give you if you need one. You have the rest of the semester to work on this, and if you succeed I will give you a substantial amount of extra credit points.

Good Luck!
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum