Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C - Maya Angelou

4 posters

Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty Group C - Maya Angelou

Post  Thebeardedone Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am

Read this article about Maya Angelou.

Take notes from the article on a piece of paper. When you are finished reply to this thread and write your notes of what you learned about Maya Angelou.

When everyone in the group has written their notes, your group needs to pick the best one.

Each person in the group needs to have at least 3 replies to this thread as you decide which notes are the best.
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty josue easy

Post  baolee Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:46 pm

This is what i came up with.Maya Angelou was a writter , dancer ,african american activist . She was born as Marueret Jonson .She was born in April 4 of 1928 in Missouri.At the age of 8 she was reped.At age eight, she was raped by her mother's boyfriend, who was subsequently killed by her uncles.At 16 she gave birth to a son, Guy, after which she toured Europe and Africa in the musical Porgy and Bess. Returning to New York City in the 1960s, she joined the Harlem Writers Guild and became involved in black activism. Maya Angelou's five-volume autobiography commenced with I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings in 1970.Later books include All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes (1986) and My Painted House, My Friendly Chicken and Me (1994). She has published several volumes of verse, including And Still I Rise (1987) and Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou (1995). Her volume of poetry, Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'Fore I Die (1971), was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize.

baolee

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty Marcos notes

Post  alvarezsinaloa92 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Africen-American activist.Born Marguerite Jonhson on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri. Angelou spent her difficult formative years moving back and forth between her mother's and grandmother's. Maya Angelou's five volume autobigrphy commenced with i know why the Cage Bird Sings in 1970. In 1993 Angelou read on the pulse of morning. Drawing from her ownlife experinces, Angelou publish Letter to My daughter in 2008. She wrote the work for the Daughter she never hed sharing anecdotes and offering advice well received, the book earned several honors, includiong a NAACP Image Award for outstanding Literary work-Non-Fiction.

alvarezsinaloa92

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group C - Maya Angelou

Post  baolee Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 pm

el mio es mejor ke el tuyo

baolee

Back to top Go down

Post  tongpthao Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Angelou spent her difficult formative

she joined the Harlem Writers Guild and became involved in black activism

her activism and her writing more seriously

It was only the second time a poet had been asked to read at an inauguration

In 2006, Angelou agreed to host a weekly radio show on XM Satellite Radio's Oprah & Friends channel

Forest University in North Carexperiences, Angelou published Letter to My Daughter in 2008olina, where she has a lifetime position

Drawing from her own life experiences

Angelou published Letter to My Daughter in 2008

including a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding

WORK-NO-FICTION

tongpthao

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty TONGPAOTHAO

Post  tongpthao Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Group C - Maya Angelou Icon_bounce I THINK MERCOM IE HAVE THE BEST
Group C - Maya Angelou Icon_biggrin

tongpthao

Back to top Go down

Post  Thebeardedone Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 am

tongpthao wrote:Group C - Maya Angelou Icon_bounce I THINK MERCOM IE HAVE THE BEST
Group C - Maya Angelou Icon_biggrin

Why does he have the best?
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down