Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group A - Maya Angelou

4 posters

Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty Group A - Maya Angelou

Post  Thebeardedone Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am

Read this article about Maya Angelou.

Take notes from the article on a piece of paper. When you are finished reply to this thread and write a summary of what you learned about Maya Angelou.

When everyone in the group has written their summary, your group needs to pick the best one.

Each person in the group needs to have at least 3 replies to this thread as you decide which summary is the best.
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty pakouyang notes

Post  pakou Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

I have learned about Maya Angelou that she was born on April 4th, 1928, in St. Louis and Stamps, Arkansas.Dr. Angelou is one of the most renowned and influential voice of our time.Dr. Angelou experienced that brutality of racial discrimination, but she also absorbed the unshakable fait and values of traditional African-American family, community, and culture. As a young single mother, she supported her son by working as waitress cook, however her passion for music, dance,performance, and poetry would soon take center stage.She joined the Harlem Writers Guild, acted in the historic off-Broadway production of Jean Genet's the Blacks and wrote and performed Cabanot for freedom.Shortly after her arrival in the United States, Malcolm X was assassinated, and the organization dissolved. The list of her published verse, non-fiction, and fiction now includes more than 30 bestselling titles.She composed poetry for and narrated the award-winning documentary The Black Candle, directed by M.K. Asante. Jr. She have served on two presidential committees, was awarded the Presidential Medal of Arts in 2000, the Lincoln Medal in 2008,3 Grammy Awards. Dr. Angelou's has received over 30 honorary degrees and is Reynolds Professor of American studies at Wake Forest University.

pakou

Back to top Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group A - Maya Angelou

Post  tou Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

*DR Maya Angelou is one of the most renewed and influentional voices of the time
*Born on April 4th 1928 in st Louis,Missouri,Dr Angelou was raised in st Louis and stamp Arkanas
*Dr Maya Angelou is a absorbed the unshakable faith and values traditional Africa family,community and culture
*San Francisco's first Africa-America female cable carconductor
*In 1954 and 1955 Dr Angelou toured Europe with a production of the opera Porgy and Bess
*I 1958,she moved to New York,where she joined the Harlem writer Guild,acted in the historic off-Broad way production of Jean Genet's and wrote and peformed cabaret of Freedom
*in 1960 Dr.Angelou moved to Cairo,Egypt where she served as edit of the English language weekly the Arab observer
*Dr Angelou read and studied voraciously,mastering french,spanish.
*Dr Angelou has served on two presidential committees was awarded the presidental Medal of Arts in 2000
*Dr.Angelou has recieced over 30 honorary degrees and Reynolds professor of American studied at wake Firest University

tou

Back to top Go down

Post  tou Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Hahahahahahaha my is not better hahahahaha.....
Your is better than my because I dont know ahahahahaha......

tou

Back to top Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty My notes from Maya Angelou

Post  zeyang15 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

-Dr.Maya Angelouis one of the most renowed and influedtial voices of our time.
-Born on April 4th,1928,in S.Louis.Missouri.Dr.Angelou was raised in St.Louis ans stamps.Arkansas.
-At 14,she droped out to become San Francico's first African-American female cable car conductor.
-In 1954 and 1955,Dr.Angelou tourd Europe with production of the opera Porgy and Bess.
-In 1960,Dr.Angelou moved to Cairo,Egypt where she served as editor of the English language weekly The Arab Observer.
-During her years abroad,Dr.Angelou read and studies vorciously,mastering French,Spanish,Italian,Arabic and the west African language Fanti.
-Soon after X's assassination,Dr.Martin Luther King JR. asked Dr.Angelou to serve as Nothern coordinaor for the South Christan Leader

zeyang15

Back to top Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty my summary

Post  ruby Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm

she is one of the most renowned and influential voices of her times...
she was born on april 4th, 1920 in St. louis, Missouri. At 14,she dropped out high school and became San Francisco's first American female cable car conductor. cheers affraid
As a young single mother she supported her son by working as a waitress and cook.. No
She learned Freanch, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, and West African lenguage...
with the guidance of her friends the novelist James Belbwin

ruby

Back to top Go down

Post  teresa gutierrez Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Dr. Maya is the most renowned and influential voices of our time. Dr.Angelou is a celebrated Poet,Memorist,Novelist,Educator,Dramatist,Poducer and many other things. she was born on April 4th,1928. She was born in St. Louis, Missouri. She was raised in St. Louis and Stamps, Arkansas. She was discriminated against racial and brutal mind.

teresa gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Group A - Maya Angelou Empty notes part 2

Post  ruby Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

she began work on the book that would become "I KNOW WHY THE CAGAD BIRD". Very Happy it was published in 1970. Razz she has recived 3 grammy awards. I love you she has recived over 30 honorary degrees and is Remolds profesor of american studies at wake forest universtity. Sad And her words and actions continue to stir our soul, energize our bodies liberrate our minds and heal our hearts. tongue

ruby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down