Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group D - Maya Angelou

5 posters

Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty Group D - Maya Angelou

Post  Thebeardedone Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Read this article about Maya Angelou.
Stop after "Later Career"

Take notes from the article on a piece of paper. When you are finished reply to this thread and write a summary of what you learned about Maya Angelou.

When everyone in the group has written their summary, your group needs to pick the best one.

Each person in the group needs to have at least 3 replies to this thread as you decide which summary is the best.
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty mynote

Post  malana Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Angelou has been highly honored for her body of work, incluing being awarded over 30 honorary degrees and the nomination of a Pulitzer prize for her 1971 volume of poetry, just give me a cool drink of water forw i diiie.She became recognized and highly respected as a spokes person for black people and women.Angelou has spoken about her life.Angelou became mute, believing,as she has stated,"I thought,my voice killed him,i killed that man, bacause i told his name.and then i thought i would never speak again,because my voice would kill anyone.the book describes how she move through a series of relationships,occupations,and cities as she attempted to rise her son without job training or advanced education.She begun her practice of trying to learn the language of every country she visited,and in a few years she gained proficiencies in several languages.Instead of celebrating her birthday,she sent flowers to kings widow,coretta scott king,until king death in 2006.

malana

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty ROCIO'S NOTES

Post  ROCIO Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:19 pm

MAYA ANGELOU
Born on april 4, 1928, she is an American and poet. She is best know for her series of six autobiographical volumes. Angelou has been highly honored for her body work awarded over 30 honorary degrees, was a member of the harlem writers guild, and served as northem coordinatory of Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.
Henderson prospered financially during the Great Depresion and World War II because the general store she owned sold needed basic commodities.
Flowers introduced her to authors as well as black female artist. During WWII she studied dance and drama on a schoolarsip at the California Labor School.
Angelou has been married three times or more during 1954-1955 toured through Europe with a production of the opera.
she works as a composer, including writing for singer, and compose movies scores, she was one of the most honored writers.
Her goal envolved in her later volumes to documental the ups and downs of her own life.

ROCIO

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group D - Maya Angelou

Post  xionglor Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Angelou was born in St. Louis, Missouri, on April 4, 1928. Her father was Bailey Johnson. He was a doorman. Her mother Vivian (Baxter) Johnson was a real estate agent, trained surical murse, later a merchant marine. Her family is descended from the mende people of West Africa. She was sexually abused and raped by her mother's boyfriend, Mr. Freeman. Mr. Freeman was guilty, but he was in fail for one day. Four day after his release, he got killed by kicked from Angelou's uncle. Mr. Freeman died because Angelou tell his name to her uncle. Angelou and her brother got sent back to their grandma. Years after years, Angelou won a scholarship and trained in Africa dance. She got married three time. Marguerite Johnson or Rita was her old name. She try to learn all language from all country she had visited. She has became an associate editor,k assistant administradtor, and instructor.

Last edited by xionglor on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

xionglor

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty mynote

Post  malana Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:26 pm

my is better cause my has more adjective.

malana

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty Maya Angelou

Post  nou Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Maya Angelou born marguesrite Ann Johnson on April 4,1928. On the time seventeen years of her life, brought her international recognition, and was nominated for a National Book Award. Angelou has been highly honored for body of work, including being awarded over 30 honorary dedgrees and the nomination of a pulitzer prize for her 1971. Angelou was amember of the Harlem Writers Guild in the late 1950s, was active in the Civil Rights movement, and served as Northern Coordinatior of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s southern christian leadship conference. She was recongniced for having the longest running record two years on The New York Times paperback Nonfiction Bestseller List. Angelou was heralded as a new kind od memorist, one of the first African American women who was able to publicly disuss her personalife. She become recognized and hiahly respected as a spokesperson foe black people and women. when Angelou was three, and her brother four, their parents "calamitous marriage" ended. Angelous has been married three times or more. She begun her practice of tryng to learn the language of every country she visited, and in a few years she gained. Proficiencies in deveral languages. After hearing cicil right leaser Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. speak for the first time in 1950, she jioned the civil right movement, going on to organize on their behalf, and becoming northern coordinato of the southern christian leadship conference.

nou

Back to top Go down

Group D - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group D - Maya Angelou

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down