Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group F - Maya Angelou

2 posters

Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty Group F - Maya Angelou

Post  Thebeardedone Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Read this Article about Maya Angelou.

Start reading at Themes in Angelou's autobiographies, and stop at Honors and Rewards.

Take notes from the article on a piece of paper. When you are finished reply to this thread and write a summary of what you learned about Maya Angelou.

When everyone in the group has written their summary, your group needs to pick the best one.

Each person in the group needs to have at least 3 replies to this thread as you decide which summary is the best.
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty yovani notes

Post  yovani r Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 pm

as feminist scholar maria lauret has indicated,angelou and other fermale writer in the late 1960,and early 1970s used the autobiography reimagen in a male. Dominated society. Both ganre employ the narrator as protagoinst and "rely upo the illusion of presence in their mode of sighification.lauret cultural identity has bee women, into angeluo narrative. angeluos has presented herself as a role model for africano american women by reconstructing the black women's image throughout her autobiographies, and has used her many role incarnation and identities to"signify multiple layers of oppression and personal history. her goal evolved in her later volumes to document the ups and down of the own life. upon herself at a certain point in history.

yovani r

Back to top Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty My Notes From Maya Angelou

Post  chu3vang Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Angelou and other female writers in the late 1960s and early 1970s used the autobiography to remage ways writing about womens lives and identities in a male-domained society. Author hilton els has insisted that while angelou originals goal was to tell the truth about the lives of black women. They a historical overview of the places she was living in at the time and how she coped within the context of a larger white society. The important themes in angelou's concept of family throughout kinship abandant to her relation with her son. A scholar named Mary Burgher hasited the black women autobiography like angelou autobiography have debunted the sterotypes of african American mothers of breeder. Lipton has started that the one infying theme that connects all of angelou autobiography is what she called the mother child pattern. beginning with i know why the caged bird sings, angelou uses the metaphor of a bird stuggle escaped its cage described. Walkers has also stated that angelou biograph from where it is angelou's where. It is angelou's mental adjustments regarding race and sen. she has been honor by university literary oragization government agencies and special inerest groups.

chu3vang

Back to top Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty mai chia not

Post  yangmmai Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Maya Angelou (pronounced born Marguerite Ann johnson on April,1928) is an American autobiographer and poet who has been called "America's most visible black female autobiographer" by scholar joanne M.Braxton. she is best known for her series of six autobigraphical volumes, which focus on her childhood and early adulthood experiences.In 1993,she recitedher pom at president inauguration, the first poet to make an inaugural recitation since at inauguration in 1961.Angelou has, however, made a deliberate attempt through her work to challenge the common structure of the autobiograhy by critiquing, changing, and expanding the genre.At age eight,while living with her mother,Angelou was sexually abused and raped by her mother's boy friend ,MR.Freeman.she confesed it to her brother, who told the rest of their family.Angelou became mute, believing, as she has state, "I thuogh, my voice killed him, i killed that man,because i told his name.And then i htough iwould never speak again, because my voice would kill anyone

yangmmai

Back to top Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty maya angelou

Post  pacha Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 pm

angelou has been highly for her body for work
she recrted her poem "on the pulse of morning" at president Billclintons
who told the rest of their family
I throught my voic kill him, i kill that man because i told his name
she worked as the never clarified, for fear of sounding frioulous
the ads were part of the campagn's efforts to rally suppor in the black community
who aiso became a poet
angelou has been married three time or more (something she has never clarified, for fear of sounding frivolous")
who would go on to become her close friend and mentor
after hearing civil right lear dr.martin luther king.jr speak for the frist time in 1960
they take plac from the beginning of would war ll to king's assassination
who has been called"one of publishing's hall of fame editurs
angelou was the frist afican america woman to direct a major motion
angelou has also recognized that there are fictional aspects to her book
when the truth was censored out of the need for self-protection
the challeng for much of african american literature is that its autor have had to confirm its status as literature before it could accomplish its political goal
they give a historical overiew of the places she was living in at the time and how she coped whit the context of a larger white society
angelou's auntobiographies present black women differently than literature had portayed them up to that time
on black woman in the world of angelou's look are looseers
her view about black-white relationshpih

pacha

Back to top Go down

Group F - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group F - Maya Angelou

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down