Pullinger's class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C - Maya Angelou

4 posters

Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty Group C - Maya Angelou

Post  Thebeardedone Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Read this article about Maya Angelou.

Take notes from the article on a piece of paper. When you are finished reply to this thread and write a summary of what you learned about Maya Angelou.

When everyone in the group has written their summary, your group needs to pick the best one.

Each person in the group needs to have at least 3 replies to this thread as you decide which summary is the best.
Thebeardedone
Thebeardedone
Admin

https://pullingersclass.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty my summary

Post  soua yang Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm

I have learned about Maya Angelou that when she was eight, she was raped by her mother's boyfriend who was killed by her uncle. when she was 16, she gave birth a son, Guy, after which she toured Europe and Africa in the musical Porgy and Bess. when she was returning to New York City in the 1960's, she joined the Harlem Writers Guild and became involved in black activism. In 1993, Angelou read On the Pluse of Morning at Bill Clinton's presidential inauguration, a poem whitten at his request. This was the first time that she read a poem in inauguration to the president. In her life drawing was a experiences, Angelou published Letter to My Daughter in 2008. Well received, the book earned several honors, including a NAACP image Award for Outstanding Literary Work-Non-Fiction. She was a dancer and writer.

soua yang

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty monica's notes

Post  monica esparza Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Maya Angeleous Biography
Writer, dancer, African-American activist. Born Marguerite Johnson on april 4, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri. at age eight, she was raped by her mother's boyfrined, who was killed by her uncles. It caused to go mute her for nearly six years. At 16 she gave birth to a son, after she was toured Europe and Africa in the musical Porgy and Sess. New Year City in the 1960s, she hoined tha Herlem Writers Guild. maya Angelou's autography started with I know why the caged bird sings in 1970. Later books included All god's children need traveling shoes and My painted house, My Friendly Chiken and Me (1994). In 1993, Angelou read On the Plulse of Morning at Bill Clinton's Presidential inaguration, the first being Robert Frost of John F. Kennedy. In 2006, she agreed to host a weekly radio show. she also teahcers at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. Angeleous published Letter to My Daughter in 2008. she wrote the work for the daughter she never had. well received, several honors, including a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work-Non-Fiction.

monica esparza

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty gladys sumary

Post  gladys flores Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 pm

She is writer ,dancer African American activist she change her original name Marguerite Johson to Maya Angelou. At the age of 8 years she was raped by her mothers boyfrien,was sobs equently killed by her uncles,after that she dirent

gladys flores

Back to top Go down

Group C - Maya Angelou Empty Re: Group C - Maya Angelou

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down